These are the perfect fudgy, chewy, and healthy brownie recipe to eat without all the guilt! They are topped with a layer of super healthy chocolate “frosting” made with dried dates. I added a variety of nuts because I love a crunchy brownie, however, you can omit them if you just want chewy brownies. They are gluten-free because they are made with oat flour, so you may enjoy these gooey brownies with a smile. WARNING: You may not want to stop eating these after one brownie.
- 2 cups of oat flour
- 1 cup milk or water
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar (or other sweetener)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/8 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Shredded coconut (topping)
- Approximately 10 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
*Preheat oven to 350° F
- Add the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add in the oil and then the water.
- The batter should be slightly thick and not runny.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the brownies are cooling, make your “frosting”.
- Microwave the Medjool dates and milk in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and adjust measurements accordingly to get a sticky, spreadable frosting.
- Spread the mixture over the brownies and top with shredded coconut.