This cinnamon apple bread will make your kitchen smell like sweet heaven! If you’re a fan of apple pie, you will absolutely love this recipe. This loaf has the perfect balance of sweetness and moistness, so it tastes amazing with a side of cold almond milk. You can substitute the apples for other fruits such as pears or apricots if you prefer.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs/chia eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 apple
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with coconut oil or other oil you prefer.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Add your softened coconut oil, flax eggs, and vanilla and continue to mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, and baking powder, and milk. Stir all the ingredients well.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Cover with half of the peeled and diced apple.
- Sprinkle with half of sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over apples and then top with the remaining apples.
- Slightly press the apples into the batter with your fingers.
- Bake for the loaf for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before placing it on cooling rack.