This is a super delicious vegan pizza (no yeast needed) recipe made with a special creamy sauce. This is a thin crust pizza, and it tastes amazing because of its crispiness and all the toppings on it! The oat flour crust makes it gluten-free, but you can also sub in whole wheat flour as well. I call this a super filling, healthy, and savory pizza that you can enjoy as a meal or as a heavy snack.
*Preheat oven to 375°F
Ingredients (for crust):
- 2 1/2 cups oat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 2/3 to 1 cup of water
Ingredients (for toppings and sauce):
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- Mix the dry ingredients for the crust in a bowl.
- Add the oil and 2/3 cup water then stir until it forms a ball.
- If the dough is dry, slowly incorporate more water. The ball should not be sticky.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 3 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into the desired shape.
- Meanwhile, smash your avocado, lemon juice, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add your chickpeas to the mixture and stir.
- Top your pizza crust with your chickpea mixture, vegetables, cheese (if desired), tomato sauce, or other toppings you want.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes before cutting, and enjoy!