These vegan, crispy, and perfectly sweet florentine cookies will make you want to eat the entire batch! They are perfect for gatherings because who doesn’t love florentine cookies!? Although it is optional, I also drizzled some melted dark chocolate over the cookies to balance out the sweetness. You can also use white chocolate if you prefer, but the cookies are on the sweet side already.
*Makes about 30 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or oat flour for gf)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or other sugar if you prefer)
- 4 tablespoons softened coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave syrup or brown rice syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces dark chocolate (for the drizzle)
*Preheat oven to 350°F
- On the stovetop or microwave, melt the sugar, coconut oil, syrup, and salt.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, add your sliced almonds and flour.
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Using a cookie scoop, place each cookie onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Space the cookies at least 2 inches apart because they will spread.
- Using the back of a spoon or spatula, flatten the cookies to create an even layer.
- Bake the cookies for 5 minutes and then rotate the baking pan and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Wait a few minutes before transferring the cookies onto wired racks.
- Meanwhile, melt your dark chocolate, and using a fork, drizzle it on each florentine in a zigzag pattern.
- Wait at least 20 minutes before devouring.