These healthy oat bran muffins are vegan, gluten-free, and packed with fiber so you should not feel guilty at all by eating a few! They are perfectly sweet and taste amazing with a side of coffee or almond milk. You can eat this for breakfast, brunch, or even as a satisfying snack! You may also substitute the nuts or raisins for other ingredients (dried cranberries, chocolate chips, blueberries) or omit them entirely. These muffins will turn out super crispy on the outside, yet moist and soft on the inside!
*Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2 cups oat bran (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 flax egg
- 1/4 cup agave syrup or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- Line your muffin pan with paper 12 baking cups.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Prepare your flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax meal+3 tbsp water).
- Add almond milk, flax egg, syrup, and coconut oil in the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Using a spoon, fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wired rack and devour!