These are my version of summer rolls, and they are totally vegan and gluten-free! Plus, I have included recipe on my special peanut sauce on the “sides” tab that tastes absolutely delicious with these summer rolls. If you do not like any of the ingredients, please feel free to add others such as carrots, kale, eggplant, mushrooms, etc. The key component to this recipe is the baked sweet potato. I got mine from Whole Foods, and it is super sweet and melts in your mouth. You can also boil your sweet potato, but it will not be as crispy and may lose some sweetness as well.
- Brown rice paper wraps (you can use regular white rice wraps if you prefer)
- Sweet potato (baked and cut into thin strips)
- Cucumber (sliced into thin strips)
- Baby Spinach
- Couple florets of broccoli (boiled and roughly chopped)
- Avocado (pitted and sliced to thin strips)
- Brown rice Vermicelli noodles (other noodle if you prefer)
Sauce for the vegetables: 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp soy sauce, sprinkle of sesame seeds, and 1 tsp sesame oil. Mix these ingredients together .
- Cut your sweet potato into long strips and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until the edges are crispy.
- Cook your noodles according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, prepare your other vegetable fillings (cucumber, broccoli, avocado, baby spinach). Toss the vegetables (except your avocado) into your sauce mixture.
- Fill a pie plate halfway with lukewarm water. Immerse 1 rice paper wrap in the water until it softens, about 15 seconds. Gently lift out the rice paper and lay it flat on a clean work surface.
- Place some of the noodles on the lower half of your rice paper.
- Add your other vegetable fillings on top of the noodles and squeeze some lime juice on the toppings .
- Fold in the sides of the wrap first, and then start rolling the wrap from the bottom to up.
- Dip the summer rolls in my peanut sauce recipe and devour!