This is another biscotti recipe that I absolutely love because it is super crunchy, gluten-free, vegan, and satisfies my sweet tooth! This recipe has a twist on the original almond biscotti because I added raisins, sliced almonds, and pistachios to add extra crunch and sweetness. If you do not like these additions, feel free to sub in other dried fruit or nuts, and you can even omit them as well. They are so delicious when I dunk them in almond milk or hot coffee.
*Yields about 14 medium sized biscotti
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup sugar (I prefer coconut sugar)
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups oat flour (you can sub in other flour if you prefer)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 oz dark chocolate (optional for drizzle)
Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, add your melted coconut oil, flax eggs, sugar, almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Stir the ingredients until well incorporated, and slowly add in the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add your optional add-ins (raisins, sliced almonds, and chopped pistachios)
- Using your hands or a spatula, divide the mixture into two separate parts.
- Create a log shape of each dough and it should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake both loaves in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Wait about 5 minutes before slicing the loaves into 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick pieces.
- Turn each biscotti over onto one side and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take the biscotti out of the oven and turn them onto the other side, and bake for an additional 7 minutes.
- Allow the biscotti to cool before drizzling your melted dark chocolate over the biscotti.