This Vanilla Coffee Ice Cream is perfect when you are craving both ice cream and coffee on a hot summer day. This recipe is banana free, so if you are not a fan of the banana aftertaste, you got yourself the best recipe out there! If you cannot tolerate caffeine, you may entirely omit the coffee. I like to top my ice cream with granola, fresh blueberries, fresh strawberries, bananas, and some sort of protein bar (SquareBar is pictured here).
- 2 (15 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (omit if necessary)
- 1 cup coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the coconut milk, coffee, sugar and vanilla in a pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for a five minutes and then let cool.
- At this point, you may add the mixture in your ice cream maker or you may pour the mixture in a container and freeze as you stir it every 40 minutes until your desired consistency.