Who doesn’t love a nice homemade Peanut Butter Cookie like Grandma used to make? These are crispy on the outside, yet super soft on the inside! This recipe is gluten-free because of the oat flour but if you wish to add wheat flour instead, you may. I like to add some vegan chocolate chips in my peanut butter cookies because I am a chocolate addict, but you may entire omit the chocolate chips as well.
*Makes about 24 medium sized cookies
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add the coconut sugar, peanut butter, coconut oil, and flax egg in a bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Using a cookie scoop, form a ball and place each cookie on your baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Using a fork, flatten out each cookie in the authentic criss cross pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and let them cool completely before removing from baking sheet.