You probably never tasted Matcha Peanut Butter brownies before because it is certainly a weird combo. I added matcha into this recipe because I am in love with the unique and subtle bitterness of matcha powder. This flavor blends perfectly with the creamy peanut butter and of course the chocolate! This recipe is in the middle of a “cakey” brownie and a “fudgey” brownie depending on the flour you use and the length of baking them.
*Yields about 12 brownies
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 2 flax eggs (or chia eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoons of peanut butter
*Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together the melted coconut oil and sugar.
- Stir in your flax eggs and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour brownie batter into a 11x7inch pan.
- Slightly soften your peanut butter in the microwave.
- Using a butter knife swirl peanut butter in the batter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting the brownies.
- Cut and devour!